Sydcon is offering lots of modules, plus there is news for the start of Season 8 of the Adventurers League:
- DDAL08-00 Once in Waterdeep (Levels 1-4)
- DDAL08-01 The Map with No Names (Levels 1-4) Part One of the Umbral Aristocracy trilogy
- DDAL08-02 Beneath the City of the Dead (Levels 1-4) Part Two of the Umbral Aristocracy trilogy
- DDAL08-03 Dock Ward Double Cross (Lvels 1-4) Part Three of the Umbral Aristocracy trilogy
- DDAL-ELW00 What’s Past is Prologue (Level 0 Characters)
- DDAL-ELW01 Murder in Skyway (Levels 1-4) Part One of the Embers of the Last War series
- CCC-TRI-03 ROC1-1 Fences and Swords (Levels 5-10) Part One of the RocSlide series
- CCC-TRI-04 ROC1-2 Birds of a Feather (Levels 5-10) Part Two of the RocSlide series
- DDAL00-01 Window to the Past (Levels 5-10)
- DDAL00-01 Window to the Past (Levels 11-16)
- DDAL00-03 Those That Came Before (Levels 11-16)
- DDAL00-03 Those That Came Before (Levels 17-20)
Season 8 of Adventurers League introduces some significant changes to the way things are run. Firstly, XP are a thing of the past, characters will now advance by gaining advancement checkpoints.
This change is designed to allow players who prefer a more roleplaying intensive style to not lag behind in levels if they don’t kill monsters. Advancement checkpoints will be gained as a combination of the time of the adventure and the participation level of the character.
Second – treasure will now be handled differently. Treasure will now be awarded as treasure points and these will be able to be surrendered for normal and magical items from lists of available items. There will be generic lists, season specific lists, and items unlocked by adventures. Sick and tired of being the person who misses out on the choice magic items because your dice hate you at roll off time? That won’t happen anymore; as long as you have enough treasure points, you will be able to get that +1 sword, no matter how many other party members want it.
Finally, Eberron is back! This season coincides with the opening of a second stream of AL content, this stream set in Eberron. At the time of writing, details are still being finalised, but you will need to create a new character – it won’t be possible to run your Forgotten Realms character in Eberron, or vice versa.